War, State and Society provides a range of enhanced research tools, intended to facilitate detailed investigations of wartime life through government records. Users can:
- Conduct full-text searches of all typescript content across the resource and within the image viewer.
- Sort, filter, and search the collections through a wide array of bespoke metadata.
- Browse the collections through related and popular searches.
- Save searches and documents using the
My Archive feature.
- Generate additional keywords for each file.
For students and researchers approaching these collections for the first time, the resource also provides a variety of pathways through which to begin exploring. Users can:
- Begin browsing the collection by subject through an extensive range of thematic links.
- Explore a selection of highlights and stories from within the collection through our Voices Map.
- Browse the collections of wartime propaganda through our Advertising Gallery.
- Download a full glossary of locations, organisations, and keywords to inspire new searches and research topics.
In addition, this section of the site will also provide teachers and students with a range of downloadable resources and teaching packs through which to explore, analyse, and discuss the various government collections.
Please check back here for further details.